Areas Of Practice
DWI Defense Seminars
Training Other Lawyers in North Carolina DWI Defense
With his practice squarely focused on DWI defense, Greenville trial attorney Matt Davenport has earned a reputation as an effective lecturer and seminar leader in advanced defense techniques. If you need an attorney to advise you about your options in a drunk driving case, consider hiring the lawyer that other lawyers depend on for solid insights and practice tips. Contact the Law Office of Matthew J. Davenport for a free consultation.
Matt Davenport has trained both prosecutors and defense attorneys
In his days as an assistant district attorney in Pitt County, Matt Davenport assumed responsibility for training police officers, state troopers, sheriff's deputies and prosecutors about North Carolina DWI law and criminal trial procedure. He was also a co-author of the trial manual for North Carolina prosecutors who handle DWI cases.
Since leaving the district attorney's office for private practice, Mr. Davenport has taught several courses for attorneys to earn their continuing education credits. His presentations have explained new DWI legislation in North Carolina, examined the strategic considerations involved in defending borderline drunk driving cases, and analyzed the most effective approaches to toxicology evidence since our state adopted a new breath testing machine in 2008.
Seminars Mr. Davenport has taught include:
- "Checkpoints: Where are your papers?" NC Advocates for Justice Annual Convention, Wilmington, NC - June 2011
- "Megan's Law and other changes to D.W.I. Law" – Seminar Chair – NC Advocates for Justice, Greensboro, NC – November 2011
- "Blood Test Analysis & Chain of Custody" – Criminal Masters Seminar, NC Advocates for Justice Annual Convention, Wilmington, NC – June 2012
- "Search and Seizure", Masters of D.W.I. Seminar, NC Advocates for Justice, Wrightsville Beach, NC – November 2012 N.C. Criminal Law Update for Law Enforcement Officers - July & August 2004, represented the Pitt County DA's Office
- "The ABC's of the new DWI Law" - ECU Continuing Education for Attorneys, February 2007
- "Fighting the Magic Number - How to Beat the .08 Presumption under the new DWI Statute" - North Carolina Academy of Trial Lawyers, December 2007 in Greensboro, N.C.; February 2008 in Wilmington, N.C.
- "Basics of the new breath-testing machine in N.C. - the EC-IR II" - Eastern N.C. Mediation Center Continuing Education for Attorneys, April 2008
- "DWI and District Court Practice" - ECU Continuing Education for Attorneys, September 2008
- "DWI - The One-Sided Appeal," Superior Court CLE, N.C.Advocates for Justice, Greensboro, NC, May 2010
- "Search Warrants, Searches, and Seizures at Home and on the Road," Annual Summer Convention, N.C. Advocates for Justice, Wilmington, NC June 2010
- "DWI Law: Winning Cases Through Teaching Judges and Prosecutors," N.C. Advocates for Justice, Greensboro, NC February 2011 and Wilmington, NC March 2011
You can benefit from Matt Davenport's thorough understanding of DWI law
At the Law Office of Matthew J. Davenport, our clients are quick to understand the advantages that an experienced and focused attorney can bring to their defense. We start with the facts of your case and explore your options for dismissal or a favorable resolution while developing your strongest possible trial defense. Our reputation for preparation and attention to detail can make the decisive difference in a close case.
For further information about our law firm's ability to represent your interests effectively in North Carolina DWI cases, contact Matt Davenport in Greenville.